Post Cycle Therapy (PCT) is a combination of nonsteroidal drugs that are used in all sports after a steroid cycle to minimize possible side effects. PCT plays a very important role especially in cases where high dosages of steroids have been used in the cycle, as well as when the duration of intake was more than one month long. The main objectives of applying Post Cycle Therapy:
- Rapid recovery of normal hormonal levels present before the start of the steroid cycle
- Preservation of results and gained muscle mass
- Elimination of a sudden rise in catabolic hormones (cortisol)
- Minimizing the “rollback” effect after the use of steroids
- Reduced struggle with possible atrophy of the testicles
- Prevent all possible additional side effects
The most common supplements used for PCT are Clomid, Nolvadex and HCG. Typically, Post Cycle Therapy lasts between three to four weeks and should begin anywhere from six to eight hours after a cycle up to two weeks following the completion of a cycle. Make sure to do your homework on the doses of Clomid, Nolvadex or HCG that you plan on taking for PCT. Each one of these supplements is associated with side effects that include headache and nausea; however, results and side effects will vary from person to person.